The members of the NACE Competition Council (Council) must be qualified by experience or title in holding a position in which they have or have had administrative responsibilities and have or have had direct knowledge of budget and personnel matters. These members must be employees of a NACE member institution and shall hold a position within the institution that is closely involved or related with the esports department.
Committee Duties & Responsibilities
The Competition Council shall exercise authority in the following matters:
- Initiating operational policies for conference, independent and national competition, national statistical services, and national awards at national competition;
- Develop and create predefined penalties to be applied in situations where a school fails to adhere to their Declaration of Intent.
- Providing administrative supervision of all NACE associations/committees assigned to them which deal with competition;
- Annually reviewing and establishing the qualification plans for postseason competition for all esports;
- Reviewing and acting on all recommendations from those associations/committees within their area of responsibility; and
- Conducting nominations and elections in accordance with the Constitution when openings on the Council arise.