All voting members of the Board must be qualified by experience or title in holding a position in which they have or have had administrative responsibilities and have or have had direct knowledge of budget and personnel matters, and must hold one of the following positions at a NACE member institution: President, Vice-President, Dean, Esport Director, Athletic Director (if the esports team is organized under the athletic department), or any other senior administrator that is closely related to the Esports Department that meets the above qualifications.
Committee Duties & Responsibilities
The Board of Directors shall exercise full authority in the following matters:
- Initiating operational policies necessary to perform those duties reserved in the Constitution and Bylaws to the Board of Directors.
- All fiscal matters of the Association.
- The employment and supervision of the NACE President/Chief Executive Officer and, through the NACE President/Chief Executive Officer, all personnel of the National Office.
- The submission at the NACE National Convention of a detailed report on all receipts and disbursements during the preceding fiscal year ending June 30. The audited financial statement shall be printed and distributed to the membership in such form as to facilitate a comparison of the items of income and expenditure in connection with the various activities of the Association during the fiscal year just concluded with the corresponding items for the preceding year.
- Authorization of the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors to transact necessary business of the Association in the interim between meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Decisions on withdrawal of membership or denial of specific esports sponsorship for a member institution.
- Administrative supervision of the Competition Council, and Eligibility Enforcement Committee.