NACE Announces Details Regarding SMITE and Paladins National Championships
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – November 12, 2018 – The National Association of Collegiate Esports (NACE) will be holding its first national collegiate esports championship in the games of SMITE and Paladins. This championship will be held at DreamHack Atlanta with Hi-Rez Studios. Here are some key points of information for the event:
- This will be held on November 17, 2018 at DreamHack Atlanta
- The Paladins Championship will be between the University of Washington and the University of Georgia
- The SMITE Championship will be between Carleton University and the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Each winning team will split $40,000 in scholarship prizes
- Each losing (second place) team will split $10,000 in scholarship prizes
- The Paladins tournament will begin at approximately 5:30 PM ET
- The SMITE tournament will begin at approximately 9:30 PM ET
Anyone interested in watching should either join on location at DreamHack Atlanta, or watch on Mixer. The event will be taking place at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Ga.
For online streaming, the Paladins Championship will be streamed on mixer.com/PaladinsGame. The SMITE Championship will be streamed on mixer.com/SmiteGame. Since the start times are approximate, you can follow NACE on Twitter for live updates. This account can be found at twitter.com/nacesports. You can also follow twitter.com/PaladinsGame and twitter.com/SmiteGame for live updates regarding the broadcast.
The National Association of Collegiate Esports (NACE), headquartered in Kansas City, Mo. is a nonprofit membership association organized by and on behalf of our member institutions and is the only governing body of college esports in North America. Since 2016, our members started developing the structure and tools needed to advance collegiate esports in the varsity space. NACE currently has over 100 varsity esports programs as members and is growing at a rapid rate. www.nacesports.org