APPLICATION LINK: https://bit.ly/2s70ZmF
Head Coach, ESports
The ESports Head Coach will direct and manage all facets of Varsity ESports team including, but not limited to team management, recruiting, travel, facility monitoring and maintenance, and equipment monitoring and maintenance. This is a full time 12-month position reporting to the Dean of Student Affairs.
Northwood University has an institutional philosophy which emphasizes free enterprise in a context of limited government and individual responsibility. The ideal candidate will have a strong attraction to the mission and core values of Northwood University. Applicants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the University’s outcomes at www.northwood.edu/aboutus/.
• Be responsible for player skill development and coordination of all events concerning the ESports program
• Be responsible for monitoring academic progress of all student-athletes on the team and working with various constituencies across campus to ensure that student-athletes receive the proper academic counseling and assistance.
• Be responsible for contest scheduling, practice and contest planning
• Be responsible for maintaining and monitoring all ESports equipment and facilities
• Have a thorough understanding of ESports and trends in the gaming industry
• Have familiarity with several types of games and be able to instruct student-athletes in playing and game preparation
• Work one-on-one with student-athletes and instruct student-athletes in small group settings
• Work with groups on and off campus to expand the visibility of Northwood University ESports
• Recruit and meet roster goals
• Be responsible for monitoring the ESports budget
• Have at least a Bachelor’s Degree
• Coaching/playing experience at an elite level of competition is desired. Previous ESports coaching in higher education or similar program development is preferred.
• Excellent inter-personal communication skills and to be detail oriented
• Ability to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds
• Work beyond the traditional 40 hour work week, including nights and weekends
• Travel to competitions as necessary
Competitive benefits package available including health, dental, and life insurance; retirement benefits; generous leave plan; flex spending plan; and tuition benefits for employee and family.