APPLICATION LINK: https://bit.ly/30WWjzW
Indiana Tech is a thriving, independent, teaching-oriented institution with a focus on career/professional programs in business, engineering, computer sciences, criminal sciences, education, human services and many other concentrations. Indiana Tech enrolls approximately 1,700 students in its traditional programs on its main campus and over 8,000 students in Professional Studies programs at 18 regional locations and online. Indiana Tech’s picturesque main campus is located on 45 acres near downtown Fort Wayne. All academic programs are designed to provide students with relevant and practical experiences, including an emphasis on internships. The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Indiana Tech has big plans for its future. Learn more at strategicplan.indianatech.edu.
Indiana Tech Student Life Department is seeking a part-time head coach to oversee the esports program.
This person should be student development minded and be prepared to interact with students on a daily basis. The commitment of the esports program is to enhance the student experience and to provide quality programs that are competitive, fun and meaningful in an atmosphere that promotes success within the spirit of fair play, sportsmanship and integrity.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Continually develop a program that has a main focus on academic success while also enhancing student skills in sportsmanship, communication, accountability, respect, character and team work
- Administer program’s recruitment while upholding team discount rate. Individual will be expected to manage program’s budget both effectively and responsibly
- Develop and administer program policies which share institutional values andphilosophy
- Purchase equipment and supplies for short term and long term objectives of the program; maintain appropriate inventory
- Prepare, maintain and accurately schedule facilities for practices, games and meetings in collaboration with other departments and staff members
- Develop a marketing strategy for the program through diverse methods which include but is not limited to website maintenance, social media, and media team development
- Build a positive reputation on campus and throughout the nation for Indiana Tech esports and promote the legitimacy of the sport
- Continually grow knowledge of the diverse and ever-changing field of esports. This person will be expected to be able to coach several different teams from within the esports program
- Be available for secondary assignments which promote the success of the entire department of Student Affairs
Measures of Accomplishment
Determine when annual goals and objectives are set with supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree
- This person must be flexible with their allotted hours and capable of scheduling practices and games around student class schedules
- Head Coach may have other responsibilities & obligations. However he or she must make the esports program, as well as those of the students and recruits, an extremely high priority
- Display consistent and punctual attendance
- Possess strong skills in communication, relationship building, programming implementation, and resource management
- Ability to work autonomously and maintain professional demeanor
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Discord, and other university enterprise software
- Two years leadership and esports coaching experience preferred at the collegiate level
Work is normally performed in an interior/office work environment. Some travel and physical work may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Additional Information: Indiana Institute of Technology embraces diversity and equal opportunity intentionally. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success with respect to educating our students to become global citizens.