APPLICATION LINK: https://bit.ly/2AVfEVX
The Head Coach will be involved with the day-to-day administration of a collegiate ESports program and must attend all sport-related activities as required. The Head Coach will be involved in daily communication and interaction with student-athletes, and will make it priority to grow and develop their student-athletes both academically and athletically. The Head Coach is directly responsible for overseeing all aspects of their respective program, and serves as the face of the program in relation to CSP Athletics and CSP as a whole. The Head Coach will support the mission and values of CSP and serve as a mentor and role model to student athletes.
- Program administration: Attend all staff meetings (compliance, practice planning, academic, individual instruction), scheduling, communicating with athletic administration regarding sport-specific initiatives, delegating administrative duties to other staff members as appropriate, managing sport-specific budget and processes associated.
- Technical instruction: Attend all practices and games, oversee all practice logistics, implement game plan-oriented drills, and strategic preparation for opposing teams.
- Fundraising: Organize and oversee sport-specific fundraising activities.
- Recruiting: Oversee all program recruiting activities, correspondence with prospective student-athletes; meet with recruits and families on a regular basis; evaluate talent of prospective student-athletes; evaluate academic qualifications of prospective student-athletes; determine potential athletic aid awards for prospective student-athletes relative to program scholarship budgets, determine and oversee social media strategies.
- Alumni Relations: Organize, implement, and oversee all sport-specific alumni relations.
- CSP Relations: Actively communicate with various CSP constituents (Financial Aid, Academic Advising, Admissions, Athletic Administration)
- Other sport-specific duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred.
American Red Cross CPR Certification required.
The mission of Concordia University, St Paul, a university of The Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod, is to prepare students for thoughtful and informed living, for dedicated service to God and humanity, and for enlightened care of God's creation, all within the context of the Christian gospel. This mission is rooted in academic excellence and Christian vocation.
The vision of Concordia University, Saint Paul, is to be acknowledged as the leading Lutheran university offering exceptional opportunities for students from all backgrounds who seek relevant career preparation and a challenging academic experience coupled with the insights of Lutheran theology.
Promise to Students – Concordia University, Saint Paul, empowers you to discover and engage your purpose for life, career and service, in a dynamic, multicultural, urban environment, where Christ is honored, all are welcome, and Lutheran convictions inform intellectual inquiry and academic pursuits.
Concordia University owns a 41-acre campus just West of Downtown St. Paul with easy access to light-rail and bus transportation. Only blocks away from popular Summit and Grand Avenues, restaurants, shopping, and cultural activities abound. Concordia is known to have one of the most racially and ethnically diverse university student bodies in the state of Minnesota.