APPLICATION LINK: https://bit.ly/2A0TS3t
WORK LOCATION: Grand Rapids - Lettinga Campus
TARGET HIRING RANGE: $32,000-35,000. Actual pay offered will be commensurate with candidate qualifications and experience, and pay equity both internal and external.
The position will head the organization and administration in all aspects of the Esports programming in accordance with the rules and regulations governing the sports program and the institution. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University's mission, vision and values which include diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Plan, organize, and continue developing Esports and activities associated with the team.
- Understand and abide by universal standards of confidentiality and ethical decision-making.
- Provide instruction to students regarding relevant skill development, a focus on great teamwork, and their own character development.
- Responsible for providing leadership to the team including budgeting, scheduling, and organizing travel arrangements.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate the performance of assistant coaches.
- Attend all practices games while overseeing all game and practice logistics.
- Organize and oversee sport-specific fundraising.
- Responsible for the recruitment of academically and athletically qualified student/athletes for the program.
- Responsible to ensure all of the coaching staff and athletes are compliant with national affiliation rules.
- Reports any known violations or concerns to administration.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of and compliance with applicable national affiliations, conference, university and departmental rules and regulations within the sports program.
- Monitor the academic performance, academic progress and social development of student-athletes and make referrals to the appropriate resources.
- Promote the academic progress and graduation of student-athletes, including assisting with enforcement of the mandatory study program.
- Ensure all members of the team abide by the student–athlete handbook.
- Assist with the marketing and promotion of the athletic department.
- Monitor student academic performance and social development and make referrals to appropriate resources.
- Responsible for the organization of university camps and clinics related to the team.
- Responsible for assisting in maintenance and upkeep of the field/complex.
- Assist Athletic Department in athletic issues as needed.
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the league in which you will be competing.
- Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
- Provides GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
- Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A strong commitment to the Student-Athlete concept and a working knowledge of national affiliation rules and regulations is required.
- A minimum of two years of verifiable high-level competitive gaming experience.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude at all times.
- Must be able to work and relate well with the public, students, faculty and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the University.
- Ability to perform under stressful situations. Must be able to travel (schedule could include day, evening and/or weekend availability).
- May be some heavy lifting involved.
- Must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings or Saturday as needed, additional hours during peak times or as required.
As a full-time team member, you will be eligible for a robust array of benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 403(b) with 10% employer contribution, tuition remission, generous paid-time-off, life insurance, disability, flexible work arrangements, professional development opportunities and more!