APPLICATION LINK: https://bit.ly/2RqRRDR
Exciting New Position: eSports Head Coach!
University of Antelope Valley is currently seeking a highly organized individual with a passion for eSports to coach our collegiate team across multiple developer platforms, competition settings (remote and LAN) and across multiple game genres.
The eSports coach must be committed to helping each player on the roster succeed in academics, gameplay and sportsmanship. This includes providing immediate and effective feedback on gameplay, one-on-one sessions with each player on a regular basis, and any support that may be deemed necessary for the overall success of the player in game and academically and the team as a whole.
The eSports coach will be responsible for recruiting qualified student-athletes, monitoring academic progress toward degree, scheduling, competition and practice preparation, individual and program development, facility and equipment maintenance, and community event participation and activity. In addition, the eSports coach will also be responsible for ensuring player eligibility in all collegiate leagues and competition and maintain player records of that eligibility.
• Work with Financial Aid and the Athletic Director to manage, report, and award all eSports scholarships
• Plan and organize all practices and matches for the eSports team working closely with game coaches • Maintain and monitor the eSports Arena and all equipment
• Ability to manage schedules, budgets, and software/hardware
• Ability to recruit student-athletes for the eSports team • Maintain and update team social media properties sharing information with our students, faculty and fans about the team, players and competitions • Stream all practices and collegiate matches
• Finding and scheduling scrimmages and/or exhibition matches with other collegiate eSports teams • Registering teams for competitive seasons on all platforms
• Manage player skill development plans and instill the philosophical perspective necessary for personal and team growth
• Record and archive matches to enable VOD reviews for feedback and strategy development
• Study each game and understand relevant knowledge on the meta and relevant update patches
• Help resolve player conflict and motivate all players to improve
• Monitor academic progress of all student athletes and counsel/support as needed to ensure academic success and player eligibility
• Ensure the health and safety of athletes and staff
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience in gaming/eSports competitions; experience working with eSports teams, preferably as a team captain or coach
• BA/BS required, Masters preferred; equivalent combination of education and/or work experience will be considered
• Passionate and engaging individual with a knack for building relationships
• Experience in coaching teams and providing positive, constructive, feedback
• In-depth knowledge of competitive, online PC gaming across multiple platforms
• Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and pursue excellence, ensure goals are met and high level standards by players and assistant coaches are upheld
• Strong organizational and communication skills, and attention to detail
• Enjoy inspiring people and helping others become better
• Uncompromised ethics; integrity and discretion