Send Applications To:
Job Title: ESPORTS HEAD COACH
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
School Name: Keiser University Pembroke Pines Campus
Keiser University is a regionally accredited, private, career university that provides educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels for a diverse student body. The main campus is located in Fort Lauderdale with campuses located throughout the State of Florida and internationally. Through quality teaching, the University is committed to provide all students with opportunities to develop the knowledge, understanding, and skills necessary for successful employment. Committed to a students’ first philosophy, Keiser University prepares graduates for careers in business, criminal justice, health care, technology, hospitality, education and career-focused general studies.
Inherent in our Mission is service to the community. This service includes community partnerships, involvement with various constituencies and various continuing education programs.
Keiser University Pembroke Pines Campus is currently seeking a Head Coach in ESports. The ESports coach will be responsible for recruiting qualified students for both club and competitive varsity level teams, scheduling and coaching intercollegiate matches and tournaments, scheduling practice preparation, and scheduling the training lab/arena with time for walk-ins interested in gaming. The coach must demonstrate a vision for a collegiate ESports program at Keiser University.
- Preparing ESport student-athletes for NACE and other competition and tournaments.
- Developing, preparing and executing fall and spring practice schedules and competition. Communicate practice times and event times with team members.
- Instructing, teaching and coaching student-athletes on game strategies and performance principles during practice and competition.
- Ensuring that the competitive varsity level and club level meets annual squad size number.
- Ensuring that program recruitment activities adhere to University and NACE Policies and Procedures.
- Ensuring player eligibility in all collegiate leagues and competition and maintenance of player records that demonstrate eligibility.
- Development of schedules for competitions that are fiscally efficient and spectator friendly.
- Effectively uses fiscal resources to coordinate team travel and recruiting.
- Serving as the primary spokesperson for the ESports program in the community.
- Representing the University at conferences, regional, state and national meetings relating specifically to ESports.
- Creation and maintenance of inventory for uniforms, supplies and equipment.
- Preventive maintenance of physical resources.
- Ensuring that all surfaces are kept clean and equipment is sanitized and disinfected as needed.
- Ensure that facility and equipment is properly secured at all times.
- All other duties to assist with athletic department as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field required. Master’s Degree Preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Valid Driver’s License and personal vehicle. Eligible to rent a car via the university’s account when/as needed.
- Ability to operate computer equipment in ESports Lab/Arena including knowledge of gaming platforms and supporting websites. Ability to troubleshoot equipment for optimal gaming experience.
- Must have competitive level experience with multiplayer online video games. Expert knowledge of League of Legends or similar game.
- Knowledge of NACE rules and regulations
For consideration, only online applications will be accepted. For further information, you may contact Etzer Massenat at 954-431-4300 or email@example.com or go our website at www.keiseruniversity.edu
Thank you for your interest in our school system. Our schools prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law.