APPLICATION LINK: https://bit.ly/2Qjm2g4
Assists the Program Director/Head Coach in organizing, supervising, and controlling activities related to their game as well as the program as needed.
- Assisting the Program Director/Head Coach in administering all aspects of the Esports program including, but not limited to: designing practice plans and conducting practice, scheduling of contests/competitions, preparing for competitions, maintaining uniforms and equipment, managing budget, supervising assistants (graduate, part-time, volunteer, or student)
- Demonstrating leadership: sportsmanship, and conduct becoming of the coaching profession
- Annually reviewing any rule changes relative to Esports, always adhering to all rules, regulations, and policies of NACE (National Association of Collegiate Esports), as well as
- Preparing a schedule of team activities in conjunction with the Program Director/Head Coach that complies with departmental policies, goals, and objectives
- Coordinating team travel, housing, meals, and money with the Athletic Sports Program Assistant and submitting a travel itinerary at least two weeks prior to each overnight event after approval by Program Director/Head Coach
- Assist in the recruitment of qualified student-athletes who have an interest in one of the University’s academic programs; recruitment and retention of student-athletes are both key aspects of the position
- Work with financial aid on recommendation of scholarships
- Develop activities (community service outreach, workshops, clinics, etc.) to promote the Esports program
- Mentor student-athletes with regard to life skills and preparation for life after their sport and college
- Monitor academic progress of student athletes
- Schedule scrimmages with other college teams and register the team in appropriate competitions
- Maintain continuous contact with faculty, staff, and students to exchange factual information and explanation of rules, regulations, practices or functions
- Play a vital role in shaping the future of the program in collaboration with the Program Director/Head Coach, trends of the industry, and interest of both current and upcoming student body.
- Other duties as assigned
The above job responsibilities are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Working Conditions/Frequently Used Tools:
- Esports Room, Office, Library, Computer room
- Typically sitting at a desk or table
- Intermittently sitting, standing, stooping
- Typically standing, or walking
- Typically bending, crouching, or stooping
- Occassional lifting 35 lbs. or less
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of general maintenance of a Windows 10 desktop (updates, installations, etc.)
- In depth knowledge of Overwatch and/or League of Legends maps, characters, and strategies
- Experience playing Overwatch and/or League of Legends or similar Esport on a PC
- At DelVal, coaches play an important role in the comprehensive educational experience of our student-athletes.
- Coaches are expected to model and promote a positive team environment. Along with team captains, coaches set high standards for the conduct of the team and its student-athletes. Poor sportsmanship, hazing, sexual harassment and other behaviors inconsistent with University policies and values will not be tolerated.
- Coaches are responsible for knowing and upholding University, athletic department, and NCAA policies as they pertain to themselves, assistant coaches, student-athletes and team managers.
- Coaches are expected to attend to the safety and well being of student-athletes, which includes but is not limited to: the proper use, inspection and training on equipment; appropriate training techniques appropriate to the sport; compliance with the directives of athletic training and medical staff; and adherence to safety standards as may be recognized by the sport.
- Coaching or teaching experience
- Experience in hosting a stream on Twitch and/or YouTube Gaming