Job Title: Director of Esports Program/Head Coach
Location: Mayville State University, Mayville, ND
Compensation: $40,000-$50,000/11 month contract. Salary based on experience.
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long-term care insurance, flexible spending account, and supplemental retirement plans.
Who can apply: Internal/external candidates currently eligible to work in the United States
Start Date: Immediate
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
Mayville State University is seeking applicants to join our campus community as Director of Esports Programs/Head Esports Coach. This position reports directly to the Vice President for Student Affairs. This position will lead the development of the Esports program for Mayville State University, which will include the recruitment, retention and overall supervision of participants. The Director of Esports is responsible for team management, recruiting, equipment monitoring, participant training/coaching, and administration of the program to include budgets, coordination of competition and practice schedules, marketing, and NACE policies and regulations. This position will have a collateral assignment in either Student Affairs or may teach if the incumbent is appropriately credentialed.
- Technical abilities to operate, troubleshoot, and monitor computer equipment, navigate support websites, and general knowledge of gaming platforms.
- Knowledge of NACE rules and regulations.
- High level of teamwork/cooperation/collaboration, initiative, and customer service
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2-3 years’ related experience in an Esports environment or related recruitment experience in an educational setting.
- Demonstrated experience working in a self-directed, fast-paced environment.
- Master’s degree
- Collegiate Esports experience
- Competitive level experience with multiplayer online video games, such as League of Legends, Overwatch, etc.
- Teaching experience.
- Familiarity with Mayville State University academic programs and/or academic programs within the North Dakota University System.
Applicants must upload the following materials to be considered fully:
- A letter of application/cover letter
- Copies of certifications (as applicable)
- A current Resume
Review of applications will start on December 17th and continue until the position is filled.
MaSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity. ND veteran's preference laws apply to this position. Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability. The state of North Dakota has an open records law; therefore, your application could be subject to review upon request. A criminal history background check must be satisfied prior to employment.
|Job Category||Coaching, Director|