APPLICATION LINK: https://bit.ly/2UW1GLW
At Davenport University, we know what it takes to be successful. With over 150 years of providing quality education under our belts, thousands of Davenport graduates are making an impact on the world with the knowledge and skills they learned here. Our team of faculty and staff collaborate to make this possible. Joining DU means growing and advancing your own career, while making a lasting impact on our students, colleagues and the communities in which we serve. Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
Asst Coach-Esports (12 Month Contract)
WORK LOCATION: Grand Rapids - Lettinga Campus
TARGET HIRING RANGE: $1,000-$5,000. Actual pay offered will be commensurate with candidate qualifications and experience, and pay equity both internal and external.
This position has responsibilities that include assistant coaching, practice planning and recruitment. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University’s mission, and values which include diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Assist the Head Coach in providing instruction to student athletes regarding the specific skills needed to play the sport, to build and inspire great teamwork, and for their own character development.
- Assist in the planning, organization, and implementation of inter-collegiate games and practices.
- Assist the head coach to build a cohesive and competitive program.
- Assist supervisor in the monitoring of the student athletes academic performance.
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the league in which you will be competing.
- Understand and abide by universal standards of confidentiality and ethical decision-making.
- Responsible for assisting the head coach with recruiting of student athletes.
- Responsible for taking a leadership role in the athletic program.
- Assist Athletic Department in athletic issues as needed.
- Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
- Provides GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
- Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum one to three years of advanced coaching experience. College coaching experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the University.
- Must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings or Saturday as needed, additional hours during peak times or as required.
- Business office environment. Prolonged sitting and standing. Use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand strain). Some travel between locations required (own transportation). May be some heavy lifting involved.
As a contract coach you will be eligible for a robust array of benefits that include tuition remission, flexible work arrangements, professional development opportunities and more!