APPLICATION LINK: https://bit.ly/2Hj2gzc
POSITION: Assistant Director for Esports
DEPARTMENT: Student Affairs
SUPERVISOR: Vice President for Student Affairs
HOURS: Summer Off - 10 month position. Evening and weekends are required for events/scrimmage and tournament coverage.
GRADE/SALARY RANGE: Grade 4 - Exempt
The Assistant Director will oversee the Esports facility, programs, special events and recruitment. The Assistant Director will provide a diverse array of Esports programming that will attract participation from a broad spectrum of students. They will manage daily operations of the Esports facility and will be responsible for scheduling and equipment maintenance. The Assistant Director works cooperatively with other departments, IT and student clubs on campus to facilitate Esports activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate camps, clinics, and promotional events to recruit new students, host tryouts and promote Esports program to high school students. Actively recruit new students, visit high schools/other venues for recruitment. Set and meet recruitment goals. Create and maintain handbook with guidelines and requirements for the Esports program.
- Select games the college will participate in. Maintain best practices as part of the East Coast Conference. Pursue sponsorship opportunities.
- Develop and manage all aspects of the Esports facility including associated technology.
- Recruit new student-athletes and strive to retain them. Establish and maintain memberships for all relevant Esports organizations including but not limited to NACE and TESPA.
- Promote the Esports program by working with various departments on campus to update the website, live-stream events and generate an overall interest and knowledge of the program.
- Occasional travel to college matches, regular visits to high schools/other venues for recruitment
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 3-5 year's of work related experience is required. High School Diploma or GED required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills to create and oversee the vision for Esports growth, strategic planning, budgetary responsibility/forecasting. Create department structure. Extensive knowledge of Information Technology needed to design/create/maintain/troubleshoot Esports network infrastructure and computer hardware.
- Experience in crisis management is required. Specifically as is relates to technology challenges and students of concern.
- The successful incumbent will have the ability to work collaboratively both internally and externally. Marketing/PR/Molloylife departments for Esports content and social media. Work with the Finance department for budgeting/procurement. Work with IT to assist in troubleshooting network/computer issues. Work with Admissions to cover open houses and off site recruitment events. Work with Enrollment to create and justify scholarships. Work with Student Affairs to ensure students fit academically, mentally and emotionally. Work with Madison Theatre to set up live tournaments to generate ticket sales.
- Decision making skills is required. The successful incumbent will be responsible in deciding which games are viable for Esports at Molloy College for the greatest possible student growth. Monitor trends in the industry to inform Esports Program growth strategy. Decide/Manage which league(s) each game will be played in. Decide/Create department structure and processes. Decide/Create rules for the Esports team to follow.
- Effective problem solving skills is required. Problems are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring that require novel and creative approaches to resolution. New concepts and approaches may have to be developed. This is especially true due to the complexity of IT and the rapid speed in which Esports is growing. Examples: Crisis management for technical difficulties.
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware, networks and information security is required. Microsoft Office Suite and web development skills preferred.
The Assistant Director for Esports will also supervise interns within marketing, IT and other related fields. In addition, the Assistant Director will manage the budget for the Esports program at Molloy.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.